How to Deal With the IRS if You Have Undisclosed Foreign Bank Accounts
Use this FREE eBook to Learn What You Need to Know NOW – Before it’s Too Late and the IRS Launches an Investigation!
The IRS is engaging in a serious crackdown on U.S. taxpayers that have undisclosed foreign bank accounts. Measures include:
- Applying pressure on foreign ranks to reveal U.S. Taxpayer bank account information
- Establishing a series of international Exchange of Information agreements
- Creating Special Unit professionals with specialized experience in cross-border transactions.
- Entering into the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FACTA)
- Enacting several new and more stringent reporting requirements
If you have undisclosed foreign bank accounts, there is good news and bad news:
The good news is that in the current climate where manpower is stretched thin and the government is running deficits, the IRS will probably be happy to get you into compliance without having to launch a formal investigation that ties up a lot of resources.
The bad news is that once the IRS starts an investigation, you will NOT be able to take advantage of the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP).
Fortunately, you are reading a web page vs. a letter from the IRS. That means you are ahead of the curve – for now. And the smartest and safest thing you can do for your financial stability and peace of mind is read our FREE ebook: “How to Deal with the IRS if You Have Undisclosed Foreign Bank Accounts”.
Written by a skilled and experienced tax attorney that specializes in resolving complex matters, this essential ebook covers:
- The IRS’ Crackdown on Undisclosed Foreign Assets
- Recent Changes to Reporting and Compliance Rules
- Qualifying Factors for the IRS’ Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program
- Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures
- Factors for U.S. and non-U.S. Residents
- Delinquent FBAR Submission Procedures
- Delinquent International Information Return Submission Procedures
BONUS: The ebook also includes a special “Debunking Myths and Misunderstandings” section that shines a spotlight on catastrophic mistakes U.S. taxpayers make when they try – and fail -- to keep the IRS from launching a civil and possibly a criminal investigation. These massive pitfalls include:
- Believing that closing an account is going to make a difference (it will actually backfire and the IRS will almost certainly use this against you)
- Thinking that an accountant is the right person to help (the IRS will subpoena his or her testimony and work product -- you might as well send them a signed and sealed confession)
- Assuming the IRS is always going to offer the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (they can terminate or change it at any time without warning)
- Figuring that the IRS’ threat of jail time is just a scare tactic (tell that to the Florida man and his son who were each sentenced to 10 years in prison in 2011)
- …and several other eye-opening facts that can help you avoid disaster.
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE. Inaction is NOT an option to safely avoid severe civil penalties and possible criminal prosecution by the Department of Justice. Start by reading the ebook to get a clear picture of the landscape and road ahead. Your download is instant and 100% free.